FH Desktop Modules
FH Desktop modules are available individually, or in bundled module packages of your choosing. Our 'complete' bundled package includes:
Incident and Investigation Reporting
- Gather and export required and optional NFIRS 5.0 incident data to the state, and additional incident related information like extrication details and NFPA 1710/1720 information.
- The extensive NFIRS 5.0 codes can be fine tuned using plus-one codes, and valid NFIRS 5.0 codes for a specific field can be accessed by a single click or searched for by keyword.
- Save time by automatically generating an incident narrative.
- Investigation records can be linked to specific incidents, or add stand-alone investigation reports.
- Multiple investigations can be linked together.
- Track confidential juvenile fire setter data and additional suspect, juvenile, evidence collection, chain of custody details, and optional NFIRS 5.0 arson data.
- Add photos to the investigation record or link to a directory of photos.
EMS/ Search & Rescue Reporting
Basic EMS reporting is included with NFIRS 5.0 Incident Reporting, and full EMS incident reporting is available individually or as part of a bundled system. The EMS module is tailored to your department’s reporting needs. It includes code set installation options for NFIRS 5.0, NHTSA, NHTSA 2.2 (NEMSIS), state specific code sets, or a local custom code set. Record validation rules are based on the selected code set.
- Gather NFIRS 5.0 EMS incident data elements and additional data elements that are part of the expanded FH EMS incident management module.
- Track extrication, water rescue, confined space rescue, and high-angle rescue details, and add multiple types of rescue equipment use.
- Add multiple patients to an EMS incident.
- Save time by automatically generating an incident narrative.
- Comprehensive patient reporting includes response and clinical information, patient assessments, procedures, medications, and treatments, and much more.
- There are features throughout patient reporting that are designed to save time entering records:
- Associate measure/unit/route and instructions with specific medication codes.
- Quickly replicate assessments, medications, and treatment details and automatically increment times.
- Update consumable inventory while adding medications and procedures.
- Save time by automatically generating a patient narrative from entered information.
Occupancy, Permits, and Inspections
- Track all occupancy information including building information, owners and contacts.
- Associate multiple occupancies with a single property and view detail records for associated occupancies.
- Maintain extensive preplan information, including hydrant proximity and needed fire flow calculations based on ISO.
- Prompt to add history records any time name or building information change.
- Issue, maintain, and batch renew permits.
- Issue multiple permits under one permit number and link chemical inventory to a specific permit.
- Track inspections and violations with available industry-standard violation code sets.
- Batch schedule inspections or automatically schedule a follow up inspection when completing an inspection.
- Link to preplan drawings, maps, and other external files.
- Create drawings with FH Sketch Add-on Module. (Not included as part of complete bundled package.)
Staff Members, Activities, Training
- Track a variety of information like years of service, proximity to station, phone numbers, email addresses, and insurance records.
- Maintain confidential information with additional security controls for pay information, casualty reports, Fire and EMS certification details, EMS exposures, and insurance information.
- Gather miscellaneous staff history records like vaccinations, issued equipment, and special skills. Prompt to add a history record any time rank or status change.
- Track all aspects of staff training, including training hours, CEU credits, and class attendance.
- Add as many instructors to a training record as needed.
- Track certification status using training program records.
- Add staff and hour or skill requirements for certifications quickly.
- Display expiring certifications in daily reminder on start up and batch renew them.
- Integrate and manage staff scheduling through our Staff Scheduling Add-on Module. (Not included as part of complete bundled package.)
Equipment Inventory, Maintenance, and Usage
- Keep comprehensive apparatus, equipment, and inventory records with additional fields for specialized types of equipment and equipment maintenance, including specialized testing fields for hose, SCBA, pumps, and other types.
- Track every aspect of inventory, like out of service equipment, consumables, and maintenance and testing details.
- Batch schedule or complete maintenance and test detail records.
- Complete hydrant maintenance, inspection, and repair records.
- Track time spent maintaining, testing, and repairing hydrants.
- Calculate flow test measurements automatically based on pressure readings.
- Choose specific pre-set Hazen-Williams or NFPA flow test equations or establish a custom flow test equation.
- Add flow tests and activities for multiple hydrants.
FH Desktop Add-on Modules
The Staff Scheduling module allows you to manage personnel scheduling within FH by defining shifts and assigning specific personnel to each shift. Each staff member added to a shift can also include default information to associate with staff activities added from scheduling.
Define a schedule that includes as many shifts as needed, add personnel to each shift, then use Staff Scheduling to track vacation days, overtime, or other special categories of time. A dynamic list of shift staff members is available everywhere staff is added in FH, so the Staff Scheduling module helps speed data entry throughout FH.
Staff Scheduling is flexible enough to support exchanges when one staff member covers for another staff member in a different shift, but powerful enough to review which shift will cover a specific date years into the future. Set defaults for each staff member included in defined shifts, then create a complete activity for all shift staff with a single mouse-click. You can also view shift events on the department journal when shift coloring is enabled.
Cost recovery is a concern for many departments, and FH Accounts Receivable can aid your cost recovery efforts. FH Accounts Receivable is completely integrated with FIREHOUSE Software. After setting up your lookup codes, you simply use FH as you would normally, adding occupancy inspection records, permits, hydrant activities, incidents, etc. Invoices can be generated as activities are added or, when relationships between account records and specific records have been set up, can be generated via the batch generate invoices feature. Invoices can be itemized with amounts automatically added. Additional invoice items can be added as needed.
The sketch application you’ve been asking for is here. The intuitive interface and seamless integration makes drawing, modifying, updating and exporting pre-plans simpler and easier than ever. Learn more...
FH Desktop Hardware Requirements
FH is compatible with most Windows 64-bit operating systems on new computer/server installations of Windows. Computers and servers upgraded from 32-bit systems to 64-bit systems have demonstrated problems and are NOT recommended.
||512 MB Available memory
||1 GB or higher
| Disk Space:
||2 GB* free disk space
||4 GB free disk space
| Operating System:
||Windows XP SP2
* Depending on your workstation's configuration, you may want to consider a faster processor and additional RAM, if you are purchasing a new computer.
Note: For Novell, NT, and other networks we recommend an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) be placed between workstations and the power source.
What about FH Enterprise Hardware Requirements?
What about FH Web Hardware Requirements?
FH Desktop Add-ons
Custom imports, exports and integrated software interfaces can be added to your FH system. Here's our additional features you can introduce.
Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 and Microsoft Surface Tests
Our compatibility testing continues for FIREHOUSE Software products with Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 and the new Microsoft Surface tablets. Here's the latest!
- Windows Server 2012 - Our tests have been successful. FIREHOUSE Software (Standard, Enterprise, and Web), and FH CAD Monitor successfully install and operate normally.
- Windows 8 - FIREHOUSE Software (Standard, Enterprise, and Web), FH CAD Monitor, and FH Medic successfully install and operate normally. FH Mobile Preplans and Inspections & Occupancies are not supported on Windows 8.
- Windows Surface Tablets - Surface tablets are installed with Windows 8 or Windows RT. FH products are not compatible with Surface tablets using Windows RT. Surface tablets running Windows 8 operating systems will support FH products as noted above.
Let's ask Support about it.
The best ways to pursue technical support for your FH products are:
Phone Call Support:
Available from 7am to 7pm CDT Monday through Friday and 8am to Noon Saturday by calling 800-921-5300 ext 2. Your calls are received by our first tier support techs. On Saturday, you are prompted to leave a message, allowing the first available tech to return your call.
How does it work?
- The support team member will spend as much as 15 minutes (roughly) to work the issue. If the tech is unable to solve your issue within the time parameters given, your call will be placed in our 2nd tier support queue for a callback. If there are no other calls pending and your 1st tier tech is able to continue resolving your issue, they will stay on the phone and continue until it is resolved or there are other pending calls.
- If a tech team member is not immediately available there may be a wait, in which case you will have an option to continue holding OR push a button to leave a message. However, if you are down (can't use FH at all), inform us of your circumstance and your call will be given a Critical priority, meaning the next available tech will pull your call from the queue to call you.
- If you have a paid 3rd party consultant onsite and are not down, tell your live call-in tech as well. They automatically get an Urgent priority, which is just one rung down from a Critical call. This will ensure you get the fastest support possible when it matters most!
- If you ever want to schedule a call for a specific date/time, please call the support line, explain your issue to the tech and ask to schedule a return call for a specific time. They will then check our schedule to make sure we are not already booked at that given time. If we are, they will propose alternate times (or you can).
Live Chat Support:
Live Chat is available from 8am to 6pm CDT. Accessed from virtually every page on http://www.firehousesoftware.com/. Under the Live Chat heading, click the link for Support Chat.
How does it work?
- Live Chat is generally intended for more basic questions since it can be hard to troubleshoot difficult issues through this tool.
- If a chat is too technical in nature or you get a tech that does not have subject matter expertise, the tech will create a ticket for a phone call.
- The same rules for Critical or Urgent priority apply. You can schedule a call from a live chat in the same manner you would over the phone, but a phone call is the quickest and easiest way to schedule your call.
- If for any reason your chat request times out at 12 minutes (meaning a tech has not begun your chat within 12 minutes) you will be given the option to leave a message. Whenever a message is left, management is sent an email with your message. At that point you will be answered directly OR have a ticket created to have someone call you back as soon as possible.
- If you try to use this service outside of the hours above, you will be given the option to leave a message. Managers will receive an email with any message that you submit and will treat it the same as a timed out chat.
Go to http://www.firehousesoftware.com/contact-us/support.php to fill out a support request form or email us directly at email@example.com.
- We recommend using emails for questions that are not mission critical.
- We don't recommend emailing us to try to ask for a call at a specific time. If we don't see the email until after the time you requested a call for, then it won't be met. We always recommend speaking to a tech or using the live chat to schedule a call.