Update protocols used codes (demographic)
- Choose Tools → Lookup Tables.
- Expand Incident Report Codes → EMS/Search & Rescue Incident Report Codes → EMS Clinical Codes.
Select Protocols Used, and then click Setup.
The Lookup - Protocols Used dialog box appears.
From the list, select a protocols used code, and then click Edit.
The Code for Protocols Used dialog box appears.
Under Authorized Personnel and Status, to the right of the grid, click add .
A new row appears at the top of the grid under Authorized Personnel and Status.
In the highlighted cell in the Code column, enter the appropriate EMS certification level code of the authorized personnel, or use the lookup button and select the code from the list that appears.
The row in the grid populates with data for that code.
- In the Status column, enter an
Afor "Active" or an
In Status Date column, enter the date of the status.
- For each type of personnel authorized to administer the protocol, repeat steps 5-8.
- Click Save.
- For the remaining medications in the list, repeat steps 4-10.
- In the Lookup - Protocols Used dialog box, click Close.
- In the Lookup Tables dialog box, click Close.
Do one of the following:
If you Then do this
Mapped your existing EMS codes to the NEMSIS code set
Continue with Resolve invalid structures.
Replaced your existing EMS codes with the NEMSIS code set
Continue with Set up staff member information.