Specify Field Navigation Options
Control the startup options and basic form navigation options for the workstation.
- Select the Tools menu, Workstation Options option.
- Click the General tab, Startup & Navigation tab.
- Check Automatically load the Reminders form on login to display the Daily Reminders form when FH is launched.
- Check Automatically load the Journal on login to display the Department Journal form when FH is launched.
- Check Beep on record saves and notifications if you want the computer to beep when those events occur.
Check If you type to the end of a field, automatically advance to the next field to advance to the next field when the field value fills the field.
Example: Typing the 10 characters of a telephone field.
- Check Highlight the entire field when you tab into it to highlight the contents of a field when you first advance to a field using Tab.
- Check Clicking the right mouse button activates the field lookup if you want to display lookup selections using your right mouse button (when cursor is positioned in a lookup-driven field).
- Check Pressing
F2 activates the field lookup if you want to display lookup selections
F2keyboard key (when cursor is positioned in lookup-driven field).
Check Allow cursor to tab into description field for “on-the-fly” searches... to look up codes by their description.
When enabled, the cursor will go to the code description field instead of the code field when you navigate through the data entry form using your Tab keyboard in the following manner:
- Select Conditionally to only tab into the code description field when the code is required and a code has not been entered, or when the entered code is invalid.
- Select Always to always tab into the code description field whether the code has been added or not.
- Select Only to skip the code field and always tab in to the code description field. You can still put your cursor in the code field using your mouse.
- Press OK.