Specify Data Entry Form Options
Data entry form behavior should be tailored to how the workstation will primarily be used.
- Select the Tools menu, Workstation Options option.
- Click the General tab, Data Entry Forms tab.
- Select When a data entry form first loads options:
- Select Load the last record I was working with to display the last saved record when you open any data entry form.
Select Start with new, blank record when you open any data entry form.
Select this option if you will always be adding new records when you open records.
- Select Display the default query so I can select records to display the list of available records when you open any data entry form.
Check Display confirmation prompt before adding new records to prompt the user when new records are created.
Adds an additional step to record creation, but may minimize accidentally created records.
Check Query and display any matching records before adding a new record to display records with matching values when a value entered in the key field of a new record matches the corresponding value of an existing record.
Adds an additional step to record creation when entering records that share key values, but may prevent accidentally entering the same information twice.
Check Confirm master record deletion by typing “Yes” to prompt users before deleting master records.
Adds an additional step to record deletion, but may minimize accidental master record deletion.
Check Hide the “Delete” button from the bottom of data entry forms to remove the Delete button from master record data entry forms.
Records can still be deleted from the Form menu.
Check Hide the “Delete” button from linked record lists to remove the Delete button from master record data entry forms where linked records are listed.
To delete a linked record, open the linked record and press Delete.
Check Automatically save the current record every and specify the interval in minutes.
Records with required elements missing are not saved.