Update from FH 5.1.24 through 5.4.89
Run FH Database Tools.
Warning: Before beginning, verify that all FIREHOUSE Software users are logged out, and that FIREHOUSE Software is not running.
Choose Start → Programs → FIREHOUSE Software → FIREHOUSE Software Database Tools.
The Database Tools - FIREHOUSE Software dialog box appears.
Select Compact Tables, Rebuild Index Files, and Verify Logical Integrity.
Warning: (FH 5.1.24 only) Do not select Rebuild Database
(If View Active Logins appears in the dialog box) Do the following.
Click View Active Logins.
The Active Logins - FIREHOUSE Software dialog box appears.
- Contact any users who are currently logged in and ask them to log off so that you can perform database maintenance.
- (If you believe some of the logins are invalid) Click Attempt to Clear Invalid Logins.
- Click OK to return to the Database Tools - FIREHOUSE Software dialog box.
Progress updates appear on your screen. Because you are verifying all database audit records and that FH tables meet logical and consistency rule, running Database Tools make take some time.
Note: If error messages are shown during this process, contact Firehouse Technical Support (800-921-5300, extension 2) for assistance.
When prompted to append to the log file, click No.
A new log file is created, overwriting any existing log file.
- Click Close to close the Database Tools dialog box.
Update to FH 5.5.10.
- Click Install the FIREHOUSE Software Evaluation or Update an Existing 5.x Installation.
- Follow the installation prompts in the installation wizard as the program is installed and databases are updated.
- Click Exit when the update is completed and the Firehouse installation dialog box is visible.
- Log into Firehouse to confirm that the update was successful and your data is viewable.
- Create a backup of your FH database components as you did before.
- Continue with the steps in Update from FH 5.4.98 through 5.5.10.