Here are some new and recent events from FIREHOUSE Software.
NFIRS 2015 Specification changes AVAILABLE NOW!Wednesday, December 31, 2014
The NFIRS 2015 specification cycle changes are available now to install for your FIREHOUSE Software. This is available for departments with active FH technical support contracts.
Departments running FH version 7.15.25 or higher have the option to install the NFIRS_2015.FHz file. This file loads the rules changes into the current FH system without performing a full FH update. Emails are being sent to each department's primary contact with instructions for downloading and applying the FHz file to your current system. If you have not received the email by the end of January, please email the FH technical support team at email@example.com to request the instructions be sent to you.
The 2015 NFIRS specification changes are available for review from the U.S. Fire Administration at: http://www.usfa.fema.gov/data/nfirs/support/documentation.html
FH version 7 Product Support Status - Effective 10/15/14Thursday, October 16, 2014
FIREHOUSE Software will continue to support our FH v7 records management software on supported Windows OS platforms through at least January, 2018.
There is potential for FH to continue FH v7 support beyond January, 2018, dependent on several things, including:
- The level of ongoing customer demand for FH v7 in 2018 and beyond.
- The ability to run FH v7 on Windows 10. Preliminary testing leads us to believe FH v7 will be fully supported on Windows 10, but we cannot fully confirm this until a “gold” release is available from Microsoft.
Clients planning for their future software needs should keep in mind that our new features are primarily being delivered in the FHnet platform. We encourage customers to consider planning their move to FHnet to take advantage of these new features, but should not feel any rush to do so if they are well served by their current FH v7 implementation.
FHinspector with iOS8Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Our team at FIREHOUSE Software have been testing our applications for iOS 8 compliance. We recommend our clients delay their device updates to iOS 8 until we have completed our testing and released any compatibility updates should the need arise.
Please visit our web site periodically for more information regarding our products operating with iOS 8 as it becomes available.
FIREHOUSE Software not impacted by Heartbleed Open SSLThursday, April 17, 2014
At FIREHOUSE Software, A Xerox Solution, the security of your data is a top priority. Many of you have seen the news regarding the Heartbleed SSL bug, and have inquired about the risks. We have reviewed each records management system (FIREHOUSE Software version 7, FHnet, and FHMedic) and confirmed these products are not affected by the Heartbleed bug. We are also coordinating with our various partners to ensure the your data remains safe across the complete family of FIREHOUSE Software solutions.
Within our cloud environment, we have assessed the various communications components that could have been impacted by this vulnerability. We have identified a limited number of components where openSSL is present. We reviewed the product implementation, and based on the best available information at this time, we have determined that no vulnerabilities appear to be present.
Xerox/FIREHOUSE Software maintains additional information about our Heartbleed response program at the following location: http://www.xerox.com/information-security/heartbleed-bug/enus.html
Additional information on the Heartbleed OpenSSL bug can be found on their website: http://www.openssl.org/
Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 and Microsoft Surface TestsSaturday, February 1, 2014
Our compatibility testing continues for FIREHOUSE Software products with Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 and the new Microsoft Surface tablets. Here's the latest!
- Windows Server 2012 - Our tests have been successful. FIREHOUSE Software (Standard, Enterprise, and Web), and FH CAD Monitor successfully install and operate normally.
- Windows 8 - FIREHOUSE Software (Standard, Enterprise, and Web), FH CAD Monitor, and FH Medic successfully install and operate normally. FH Mobile Preplans and Inspections & Occupancies are not supported on Windows 8.
- Windows Surface Tablets - Surface tablets are installed with Windows 8 or Windows RT. FH products are not compatible with Surface tablets using Windows RT. Surface tablets running Windows 8 operating systems will support FH products as noted above.